Monday, February 2, 2009

Is it February already??

A new year, a new home














Christmas Day rainbow














Well a whole month of 2009 has come and gone, and I haven't written once!  Somehow January already seems like a blur.  Here is a quick summary to bring you up to speed... After moving into our new house in four hours flat on the day after Christmas with the help of some very gracious friends, we spent several weeks unpacking, organizing, cleaning, painting, decorating, redecorating, and of course, getting the baby's room all ready!  We are very thankful for our new home and are also thankful to be just about finished with home projects for the present time.  Putting together 5 ceiling fans, 3 bookshelves, and a baby crib, among other items, presented a great opportunity for Todd and me to hone our electrical and carpentry skills, as well as improve our communication (since my job was to read the instructions while Todd did all the real work).  I think we can assemble a ceiling fan in about 20 minutes flat by now!

Our new home














It's been a blessing to be so busy making a house into a home, because now the hard part is kicking in...waiting around for February 12th, our baby's due date!  I think I'm a little more impatient for him to arrive than Todd, but maybe that's because I've been lugging him around for almost 39 weeks now, and because Todd is concerned that the baby have all the time he needs to stay safe and nourished in the womb.  :)  I can't wait to hold him, and finally see what his little face looks like, and oooh and aahh over his tiny fingers and toes!!  We found out last Thursday that I'm dilated about a third of the way (although no contractions yet), so that really made things start to sink in that we're going to be parents soon!  We're not sure if that means he'll come early, but I'm hoping at least it means my labor will be a bit shorter than it could be otherwise.  And at the very least, it was good motivation for me to finish packing our suitcase for the hospital and pick out some outfits for our little "Beeper" to wear home!!














1 comment:

Audrey said...

awww great picture! and now there are THREE of you! (I think it's about time for another pic on the front porch!)